How can I finance my study course?

Studying in Baden-Württemberg is tuition-free. However, the University charges an administration fee of 100€. Living costs include rental charges (app. 250€ + per month) and health insurance fees (app. 100€ per month).

Recognised refugees are eligible for a BAföG grant, as well as persons granted subsidiary protection, tolerated persons and holders of other residence permit – if they have been living in Germany for more than 15 months. BAföG is an interest-free loan of up to 670€ per month. Only half of the total amount needs to be paid back to the government within 5 years. For further information, please see here.

Furthermore, there are numerous scholarships for foreign students you can apply for. For more information, please see here.

The  Bildungsberatung Garantiefond Hochschule supports young immigrants in planning their studies.